FILM & TELEVISION ASSISTANCE SERVICE
SCROLL DOWN TO READ MORE
The Department of Defence receives numerous requests each year to make Defence Locations, Equipment and other Resources available for use in Film and TV Productions and other non-news media. Each approach is reviewed and considered in light of communicating key Defence messages and whether there is a connection and clear benefit to Defence.
They do not provide financial assistance in any form. For policy reasons, The Department of Defence cannot provide support to Advertisements; the exception being certain Community Service Announcements.
CADG Productions experience and knowledge of the Department of Defence policies and expectations makes CADG Productions unique in these areas. Let CADG Productions advocate and navigate you through the (DOD) bureaucracy for any support you may need in these areas.
Read the following to see if you wish to take the next steps for military resources in your production, don't hesitate to call or email us to formally start the process.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the following terms and conditions.
The Terms and Conditions are that:
1. The Production Company warrants that all information provided is true and correct in every particular, and no material or relevant information has been omitted;
2. The production being supported will not disparage the Department of Defence, which includes the Services, its personnel or policies without providing the Department of Defence with the right of reply which must be included in the final version and all subsequent versions regardless of the format or manner of publication;
3. The Production Company will acknowledge the assistance of the Department of Defence or individual Service(s) in the production by the usual method of end credits or as mutually agreed;
4. The Production Company will provide the Department of Defence with a preview copy, at a date to be discussed, prior to the air date. It is acknowledged that it might be subject to the company’s legal obligations to broadcasters and distributors.
5. It acknowledges and allows the Department of Defence to copy the production in the service of the Commonwealth without charge under s.183 of the Copyright Act;
6. The arrangement will be conducted with reference to the Australian Public Service Code of Conduct, which is contained in the Public Service Act 1999;
7. Any confidential aspects of the agreement may be subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1982;
8. Neither the Department of Defence nor its personnel will endorse the products or services of the supported organisation or that of its sponsors if any;
9. The Production Company will not present the Department of Defence as endorsing or supporting any product or service or any views, opinions, attitudes or ideas suggested, conveyed, advertised, canvassed, depicted or otherwise expressed, without prior written consent from the Department of Defence . This includes product
and/or service promotion;
10. Any real, potential or emerging conflicts of interest must be reported to the Department of Defence immediately;
11. The Commonwealth retains all intellectual property applicable to any material supplied;
12. The supported organisation will in no way attempt to interfere with any business or activity conducted by the Department of Defence. The company will brief its employees and agents that doing so may result in criminal prosecution or financial remedy being sought.
Conditions for On Location Filming:
13. Pre-conditions stipulated regarding location filming must be adhered to. Any such conditions will be negotiated prior to filming;
14. The Department of Defence is entitled to have a representative present at all times;
15. The Production Company will ensure all crew, cast and other persons in its employ follow reasonable directions given by the Department of Defence representative and/or delegate;
16. The Production Company acknowledges that it conducts the filming entirely at its own risk and hereby releases to the fullest extent permitted by the law, the Commonwealth and its servants, agents and contractors in the absence of any wilful default on their part from all claims and of every kind resulting from any accident, death or injury occurring at the location to any person or property;
17. The Production Company indemnifies and holds harmless the Commonwealth and its employees, agents, subcontractors and volunteers from and against any direct or indirect Loss, that the Commonwealth may sustain or incur arising from any claim, suit, demand action or proceedings by any person against the Commonwealth in respect of the filming, or otherwise arising as a consequence of this Deed.
18. The Production Company will not allow any wilful damage or permanent alterations to be done to the location or contents of the location without express prior permission in writing from the Department of Defence;
19. The Production Company will repair all damage to the location for which it has been responsible at its own cost;
20. The Production Company will remove all of its property and rubbish from the location at the end of the use of the location at its own cost;
21. The Production Company will restore the location to the condition it was in, prior to filming at its own cost;
22. The Production Company will not do, or allow to be done, any act that will become an annoyance or disturbance to owners, tenants or neighbours;
23. Any other expenses or outgoings at its own cost is subject to, or may reasonably incur, as a result of the filming, or its need to supervise the filming are expenses to be paid within 14 days. This expense may be recoverable from the bond after consultation with the producer or the company’s legal representative;
24. Should it be required, the production company will pay a bond to be determined to the Department of Defence not less than five working days prior to the filming date. This bond may be applied by the Department of Defence at its sole discretion to repair and damage or replace any losses as a consequence of the filming including unpaid fees or service charges. The balance will be refunded by the Department of Defence after its inspection of the location;
25. Any bond, less deductions made in accordance with these Conditions and/or Special Conditions and/or any executed Location Agreement (if applicable) will be refunded within 30 days of completion of filming at the location;
26. This Proposal, the Conditions, Special Conditions and any executed Location Agreement (if applicable) will make up the entire agreement between the production company and the Department of Defence, and no external document or oral statement will be admitted in evidence to amend, alter or vary them;
27. The failure or inability of the Department of Defence at any time to enforce a provision of this Deed shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision by the Department of Defence ; and
28. The production acknowledges that the Department of Defence may revoke its support at any time. This may be due to but is not limited to non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions, the request differing from what was described, operational demands, or security considerations.
All information about your production must be lodged at least 6 weeks or more before assistance is required.
Successful applicants may be required to enter into written arrangements with the Department of Defence and/or the Department of Finance and Deregulation depending on the nature of the request. These may include a formal contract and/or a short term hire agreement. All requests are considered to be commercial-in-confidence, but are subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
This organisation and depth of CADG Productions give us the flexibility to tailor-fit our services to the unique needs of each professional and provide you with the strategies to ensure that your projects are successful.
Don't hesitate to call or contact us to discuss any questions about CADG Productions Military Film & Television Service.